Subscribe to Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel newsletter
Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel is always available to receive suggestions, criticisms and comments from our guests about our hotel.
For this reason, we would like to thank you for your preference for Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel, during your rest period.
As such, we would like to share with you, as you are already our customer, some news:
The Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel was recently renovated and now has an aesthetic concept based on nature and the beach of the Western Algarve.
In addition to this renovation, Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel is also the holder of several Ecological awards:
Green Key whose program objectives are:
- Raise awareness of the adoption of sustainable practices and behaviors among decision-makers and participants (companies, authorities, customers, suppliers and local communities) through environmental education for sustainability.
- Reduce the environmental impact of trade, services and catering activities.
- Promote the reduction and efficiency in the consumption of natural resources.
- Facilitate green marketing strategies and recognize environmental stewardship initiatives.
- Contribute to the implementation of Local Agendas 21 through the continuous improvement of organizations.
Clean & Safe (Turismo de Portugal):
The Clean & Safe seal maintains its focus on the health component, continuing to promote the hygienic-sanitary performance of companies, with adequate requirements to respond to the current epidemiological phase of Covid-19, but extends its scope to other health risks associated with infection by biological agents.
Biological agents include viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites, and can cause health problems directly or through exposure to allergens or related toxins.
Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel also has its own Sustainability Policy.
Parking / Charging station for electric vehicles
We want to make one more contribution to the reduction of pollutant emissions.
Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel Environmental Policy
Vila Valverde Design & Country Hotel develops an environmental policy, practicing efficient environmental management in order to minimize the environmental impact resulting from its activity. In this way, the natural resources and energy they possess are used rationally, reducing the impact of pollution on the environment as much as possible.
In accordance with current legislation, Hotel Vila Valverde Design & Country offers:
* A sustainable construction, the partitions are insulated with Portuguese cork. (ecological material)
* Cleaning supplies are chemical free throughout the home.
* Pool cleaning and care products have been replaced by biological alternatives, our pools are chlorine-free, having several filtering systems for the outdoor pool and an ozone filtering system for the indoor pool.
* Energy efficiency, much of the energy is obtained by solar panels.
* Energy saving lamps, LED lamps, LED TV screens, electrical activation in rooms with cards.
* Internal water source for agricultural irrigation.
* Cistern where water from the lawn irrigation system is collected and reused as much as possible.
* Whole-house water-saving mixer taps without sacrificing performance.
* Sensitive plastic throughout the house, also no plastic bottles.
* Organic cultivation such as vegetable-grown potatoes, sweet potatoes, strawberries, melons, watermelons, cucumbers, courgettes, onions, salads, peas, broad beans, various herbs for cooking, as well as non-pulverized fruit trees oranges, lemons, grapefruits, blood oranges, apples, peaches, avocados, blueberries, blackberries, almonds, figs, olives, extra virgin olive oil. We respect the natural growth of plants and use only organic fertilizers.
* Food, whenever possible we choose local products and promote environmental awareness. In our restaurant we offer vegan and vegetarian alternatives.
* We separate our waste for easy recycling or reuse. All employees are aware of the importance of minimizing waste production and promoting the use of minimally aggressive materials. Vegetable residues from the gardens are transformed into fertilizers for our organic vegetable cultivation. Separation of household waste, paper, glass, plastic, batteries.
For all these reasons, we will be delighted to welcome you soon to enjoy our peace of mind.If you would like to receive these newsletters, please provide us with your information. Thank you. We take your privacy very seriously. The information you submit to us will not be disclosed to others.